Monday, November 26, 2012

Blessing & Prayers

An Advent Examination of Conscience: Stay awake, for you do not know when the Master will return. (Mark 13:35) Am I attentive for the voice and presence of Christ in my everyday life? Do I change my daily life to be ready for the Lord's return? Prepare the way to LORD, make straight his paths. (Mark 1:3) Do I look for the Lord among the least and the lowly in the world? How can I contribute part of my resources to making their way a bit easier? John the Baptist came to testify to the light. (John 1:6) How does the light of Christ shine into the world through my deed? Do I have the courage to speak out against evil in the world? The angel said to Mary, "The Holy Spirit shall be upon you." (Luke 1:35) How do I honor the Holy Spirit given to me at my baptisim? Do I pray daily and participate in the sacraments?

No comments: